Tuesday, April 05, 2005

BellSouth

Congrats to Phil for getting his 3rd win of the year. He now has played in 8 tournaments, winning $3.65M so far. That’s was happens when you get 3 W’s, 1 2nd and two other top 12s. He is clearly playing awesome right now and in my mind is probably is a slight favorite over Tiger, Vijay and Ernie. I am a little nervous that the Monday night finish might have an impact on Phil this week, but on the other hand, he’s playing so well that it might make zippy difference.

A few other notes from the BellSouth -

Nice finishes for Lucas Glover, Frank Lickliter and Olazabal. Glover and Lickliter both dumped balls in the water on 18 to miss the playoff. I’ll cut Glover some slack since he has never been in contention on Tour before but Lickliter needed a birdie for the win or a par for a playoff but instead he yanked is second shot into the lake (and it wasn’t even close). As for Ollie, he missed two short putts that would have won the tournament. Not what you want to see going into Augusta.

I do want to give some props to my boy Tag Ridings. He struggled on the front nine but shot 30 on the back to finish T5 and pick up a cool $161,875. That moves Tag from 151 on the money list to 83 ($241,270). Tag is a guy that I know from my days of caddying on the Nationwide Tour. He's a really solid dude. A couple interesting things about Tag –
- He won the 2002 Midland Odessa Tournament when he holed a wedge for an eagle in the playoff.
- He shot 64 in the last round of the Chrysler Championship last year to finish T11 and to finish 125 on the money list, earning his Tour card for 2005. Can you say clutch?
- Earlier this year at the Bob Hope, he shot 3 under on the back nine of the third round with 2 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 eagles and a double eagle.

There are a few other guys on Tour this year that I know from my looping days. I will periodically provide updates on them throughout the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home