Monday, June 13, 2005

Booz Allen

I made it out to the Booz Allen Friday morning with Mr Irrelevant. We checked out a few of the big names including Couples, Garcia, Els and Mickelson as they played the front nine. We also stopped by the driving range to catch the guys warming up for the afternoon. I even got a chance to chat with Tag Ridings for a few minutes. He had a rough first round but rebounded on Friday with a 66. He mentioned to me that he shot 66-69 at the US Open qualifier on Monday and didn’t get it. That’s pretty unbelievable that 135 didn’t qualify. Anyway, my picks for the week didn't fair too well. Couples missed the cut and Els was in contention until he took a ride on the bogey train on Sunday. I think the most interesting story from Sunday was Sabbatini and Crane on the last couple holes. Sabbatini is one of the fastest players and Crane one of the slowest. Crane caused them to get timed and it pissed Sabbatini off. I’m not going to excuse Sabbatini for being an ass on the last two holes, but I will say that there are a handful of players out there who need to pick up the pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home