Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The OPEN

The Open starts tomorrow at 1:30am ET and I barely have had a second to even think about who I think might win. Obviously, the Big Five is on the top of the list. Despite Goosen’s collapse at the US Open, I think he will play well this week. Tiger has to be considered the favorite given that it’s a major and it’s at the Old Course. I do not expect a no-name like Ben Curtis or Todd Hamilton (at least he had won on Tour first) will win this week. Tiger is my pick but a few other players I expect to be there are Mickelson, Lee Westwood and Sergio (he can hook it all the way around like Daly did). I would have included Paddy Harrington, but his father passed away and he has withdrawn from the tournament. My two dark horses for the week are Luke Donald and Tim Clark. I can’t give you a good reason other than they are two young players with a lot of international experience and games that I think should hold up well in majors.

The British Open might be my second favorite major behind the Master for the simple fact that I can roll over at 8am, turn on the TV and not get up for about 6 more hours. I look forward to a lazy Saturday and Sunday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home